Senior Security Engineer
Category: Service Delivery
Experience: Senior Level
Montra Solutions is an ambitious next-generation managed IT services provider with plans to revolutionize a $200B global industry. This is no ordinary startup. We have a proven management team that has successfully built and exited multiple software and managed service companies. We are seeking intelligent and motivated people with great upbeat energy and a passion for serving our customers well. We need people who want to get stuff done, but who are also smart enough to figure out new ways to automate and accelerate the work that we do. We like competing and winning, and we know that by constantly improving what we do we will continue to win and grow.
Montra is building a modern, ‘born in the cloud’ application suite that is implemented in cloud-native functions on both Azure and AWS. As a key member of our team, your skills will be expanded by working with leading-edge services on the latest platforms on the planet.
As a Senior Security Engineer at Montra Solutions, you will ensure our customers’ posture is designed, configured, and managed reliably and securely. Systems under management include security information and event management (SIEM), firewalls, IDS/IPS, end-device security, dark web scanning, and file encryption solutions. We’re looking for an engineer that enjoys building and managing scalable security solutions and working with our customers as their needs change and grow.
- You will design, implement and manage SIEM solutions for Montra’s customers.
- You will manage secure solutions for cloud, on-premise and hybrid environments.
- You will own security monitoring and scanning processes for multiple Montra customers.
- You will serve as a key member of Montra’s information security team.
- You will investigate security incidents and report findings to leadership.
- You will be an advocate for security services at Montra.
- 4+ years of experience engineering and administering security technologies
- Experience managing event monitoring, including log management and AlienVault SIEM
- Experience coordinating and conducting event collection, log management, event management, compliance automation, and identity monitoring activities.
- Experience with vulnerability management, identifying threats and Incident response.
- Knowledge of networking protocols and addressing schemes, e.g., DNS, HTTP, and TLS TCP/IP functions, CIDR blocks, subnets, addressing, communications, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships and build rapport with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate security concepts to a technical and non-technical audience including senior management
- Qualified candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. We are not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or 8 years of equivalent work experience.
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, CEH, GPEN, GSEC, OSCP, vendor credentials from relevant vendors, etc.
- Experience securing and monitoring Linux hosts in AWS or other cloud providers (GCP, Azure.)
- Solid and demonstrable understanding of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Some programming and/or scripting experience in any language or scripting tool.
- Experience automating security tools and processes.
- Experience defining how logs should be parsed and writing new correlation rules.
- Understanding of endpoint security solutions including DLP, EPP, file integrity monitoring.
- Experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection and prevention, next-generation firewalls, and content filtering technologies.
- Experience planning and developing security policies, procedures, and standards.
- Experience in designing secure networks, systems, and application architectures.
WORKING AT MONTRA SOLUTIONS
We are building a dynamic environment that includes software development and operations to support multiple customers. Our customers are looking to us to provide rock-solid reliability of their hybrid IT operations so that their applications and data are available when they need it. We are utilizing the latest technologies to integrate disparate IT silos and automate support workflows across the entire IT operation of our customers. We are pushing the envelope for how IT services can be reliably managed and scaled, and we a looking for people that are passionate about taking this journey with us.
YOU WANT TO TALK TO US IF…
- You have a passion for delivering great customer service
- You like innovating for reliability, availability, and security
- You are motivated by disrupting the norm
- You thrive in the frenetic energy of a startup
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary + equity
- Full benefits coverage
- Professional development stipend
- Flexible work environment
- Modern vacation policies
Montra Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve. Learn more about us at www.montra.io/careers.