Montra is re-inventing the way IT is managed with software to revolutionize the $200B managed IT services industry. This is no ordinary startup. We have ambitious plans and a management team that has successfully built and exited multiple companies. We are seeking smart, motivated people with great upbeat energy and a passion for serving our customers well. We need people who want to get stuff done, but who are also curious enough to figure out new ways to automate and accelerate the work that we do. We like competing and winning, and we know that by constantly improving what we do we will continue to grow.
Montra is seeking a highly skilled Support Engineer with the drive and determination to help us support our growing client base. We are seeking a problem-solver with a proven track record of working within a team to successfully address challenging IT issues. This position will include identifying customer issues and utilizing a structured problem management and resolution process to remediate them within established SLAs. This position requires dedication, persistence, follow-up, effective use of available resources, and a desire to deliver great customer service. Candidates must be energetic and motivated to learn new technologies and services.
• Manage, maintain, troubleshoot and support our customer’s software, systems, networks, cloud, security and SaaS services.
• Collaborate with NOC and support staff, engineering, field technicians, and external vendors to resolve service issues.
• Act as an externally facing point of contact with customers and vendors during issue resolution.
• Act as an internally facing point of contact to escalate issues and communicate resolution status.
• Document core processes and looking for improvements in cost and speed of delivery.
• Provide input into our software development team for improvements to our VIA software.
• Oversee and execute planned maintenance work, minimizing impact to services.
• Prepare and present service monitoring reports to management.
• Participate in ongoing manufacturer and certification training.
• Technical proficiency in MacOS and Windows computer systems in an enterprise environment
• Excellent knowledge of our supported software, services and technologies
• Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with users and vendors
• Passion for teamwork, continuing education, problem solving and exceptional customer service
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Outgoing, organized, detailed-oriented, dependable and flexible
• 4+ years experience in technical/engineering support in IT
• Microsoft Certified Professional status
• Technical support experience with Microsoft 365 and Azure
• Experience with HP, Cisco, VMware and Citrix technologies a plus
• Technical experience with server hardware and OS (Linux, Windows), security and networking
• Technical experience with virtual server technologies (VMware/Hyper-V/Citrix)
• Bachelor of Science or Engineering in EE/CS/CE. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience.
WORKING AT MONTRA
We have a dynamic environment that includes software development, IT support engineering, and logistics operations, to assist our rapidly growing customer base. Our customers look to us to provide security, management, and logistics support for their remote IT operations, so their devices, their data, and their people are available, protected, and in compliance. We have developed our platform to integrate disparate systems and automate workflows to make our customers more efficient and secure. We are pushing the envelope for how IT can be reliably managed and scaled, and we a looking for people that are passionate about taking this journey with us.
YOU WANT TO TALK TO US IF…
- You have a passion for delivering great customer service.
- You like innovating for reliability, availability and security.
- You are motivated by disrupting the norm.
- You thrive in the frenetic energy of a startup.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary + equity
- Full benefits coverage
- Professional development stipend
- Flexible work environment
- Modern vacation policies
Montra is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.