Category: Software Development
Experience: Senior Level
Montra is an ambitious next-generation managed IT services provider with plans to revolutionize a $200B global industry. This is no ordinary startup. We have a proven management team that has successfully built and exited multiple software and managed service companies. We are seeking intelligent and motivated people with great upbeat energy and a passion for serving our customers well. We need people who want to get stuff done, but who are also smart enough to figure out new ways to automate and accelerate the work that we do. We like competing and winning, and we know that by constantly improving what we do we will continue to win and grow.
Montra is building a modern, ‘born in the cloud’ application suite that is implemented in cloud-native functions on both Azure and AWS. As a key member of our team, your skills will be expanded by working with leading-edge services on the latest platforms on the planet.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at Montra, you will ensure the delivery and quality of our service monitoring software. It is a born-in-the-cloud and API-rich solution with requirements for an increasingly sophisticated data architecture to support richer analytics for customers as we scale the business. We’re looking for an engineer that enjoys building scalable software to reliably extract, transform, and present analytics data for our customers’ varied environments.
- Develop, test and implement new, highly scalable capabilities for the Montra VIA platform
- Improve the scalability and performance of the existing VIA platform
- Recommend improvements to existing solution design and architecture
- Develop API integrations with third-party services
- Develop data architectures that support data visualization and analytics requirements
- Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability
- Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and colleagues in service operations
- Develop user stories and epics and help with grooming of backlog
- Compile timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technological developments affecting the solution
- Communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers
- 3-5 years’ in full-stack software development (5+ years preferred)
- Distributed/serverless cloud architecture (Azure primary, AWS secondary)
- Client-side design, CSS/layout styling, and graph/chart rendering
- Web APIs: REST, GraphQL
- One or more ORMs (Objection.js, Knex.js, TypeORM, or similar)
- Multiple Databases, in-memory stores, and caching (PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Redis)
- Modern design patterns, CI/CD, Version control systems (Git) (Azure VSTS preferred), unit testing
- Strong Analysis Skills
- Proven Problem-solving Capabilities
- Experience in Agile Software Development Process
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Software Debugging
- Software Testing Experience
- Software Documentation Capability
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
WORKING AT MONTRA
We are building a dynamic environment that includes software development and service operations to support our rapidly growing customer base. Our customers are looking to us to provide rock-solid reliability of their hybrid IT operations so that their applications and data are available, protected, and in compliance. We are utilizing the latest technologies to integrate disparate IT silos and automate support workflows across the entire IT operation of our customers. We are pushing the envelope for how IT services can be reliably managed and scaled, and we a looking for people that are passionate about taking this journey with us.
YOU WANT TO TALK TO US IF…
- You have a passion for delivering great customer service.
- You like innovating for reliability, availability and security.
- You are motivated by disrupting the norm.
- You thrive in the frenetic energy of a startup.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary + equity
- Full benefits coverage
- Professional development stipend
- Flexible work environment
- Modern vacation policies
Montra is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve. Learn more about us at www.montra.io/careers.