Montra is re-inventing the way IT is managed with software to revolutionize the $200B managed IT services industry. This is no ordinary startup. We have ambitious plans and a management team that has successfully built and exited multiple companies. We are seeking smart, motivated people with great upbeat energy and a passion for serving our customers well. We need people who want to get stuff done, but who are also curious enough to figure out new ways to automate and accelerate the work that we do. We like competing and winning, and we know that by constantly improving what we do we will continue to grow.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at Montra, you will ensure the delivery and quality of our service monitoring software. It is a born-in-the-cloud and API-rich solution with requirements for an increasingly sophisticated data architecture to support richer analytics for customer as we scale the business. We’re looking for an engineer that enjoys building scalable software to reliably extract, transform and present analytics data for our customers’ varied environments.
- Develop, test and implement new, highly scalable capabilities for the Montra VIA platform
- Improve the scalability and performance of the existing VIA platform
- Recommend improvements to existing solution design and architecture
- Develop API integrations with third-party services
- Develop data architectures that support data visualization and analytics requirements
- Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability
- Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and colleagues in service operations
- Develop user stories and epics and help with grooming of backlog
- Compile timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technological developments affecting the solution
- Communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers
- 3-5 years in full-stack software development (5+ years preferred)
- Distributed/serverless cloud architecture (Azure primary, AWS secondary)
- Client-side design, CSS/layout styling, and graph/chart rendering
- Web APIs: REST, GraphQL
- One or more ORMs (Objection.js, Knex.js, TypeORM, or similar)
- Multiple Databases, in-memory stores, and caching (PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Redis)
- Modern design patterns, CI/CD, Version control systems (Git) (Azure VSTS preferred), unit testing
- Strong Analysis Skills
- Proven Problem-solving Capabilities
- Experience in Agile Software Development Process
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Software Testing and Debugging Experience
- Software Documentation Capability
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
WORKING AT MONTRA
We have a dynamic environment that includes software development, IT support engineering, and logistics operations, to assist our rapidly growing customer base. Our customers look to us to provide security, management, and logistics support for their remote IT operations, so their devices, their data, and their people are available, protected, and in compliance. We have developed our platform to integrate disparate systems and automate workflows to make our customers more efficient and secure. We are pushing the envelope for how IT can be reliably managed and scaled, and we a looking for people that are passionate about taking this journey with us.
YOU WANT TO TALK TO US IF…
- You have a passion for delivering great customer service.
- You like innovating for reliability, availability and security.
- You are motivated by disrupting the norm.
- You thrive in the frenetic energy of a startup.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary + equity
- Full benefits coverage
- Professional development stipend
- Flexible work environment
- Modern vacation policies
Montra is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve. Learn more about us at www.montra.io/careers.